Guidelines for Crowdfunders
The “Guidelines for Crowdfunders (people who are supporting Crowdfunding ideas)” aims to answer typical questions from people who would like to support a Crowdfunding-project.
This guide aims to answer typical questions from people who would like to support a Crowdfunding-project.
Most of the active Crowdfunding-platforms provide a section with Frequently Asked Questions and Answers on their portals. These sections are both for project-owners and for supporters/investors.
In the writing of this report, we asked Crowdfunding-experts from the Crowd-Fund-Port partner-countries (Austria, Germany, Italy, Croatia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic) about their experiences and what makes a platform trustworthy.
In this publication we combined all this information to create one final document aiming to answer the most common questions related to Crowdfunding (in Europe).
The Guidelines for Crowdfunders contain:
- Frequently Asked Questions from supporters (general questions, specific questions about Crowdfunding-platforms, specific questions related to reward-based Crowdfunding, specific questions related to equity- and lending-based Crowdfunding)
- an exemplary list of available FAQs from Crowdfunding-platforms
- local/regional resources for Crowdfunding supporters
There is a huge variety of offline and online resources for Crowdfunding-project-starters and project-owners, but comparably little information for supporters and crowd-investors. Especially first time supporters do not easily find answers to questions like “how trustworthy is Crowdfunding?” or “how trustworthy is this Crowdfunding-platform?”. These and similar questions are being tackled in this publication, aiming to strengthen the knowledge about Crowdfunding not only amongst SMEs, but also their crowd – the supporters and investors.
If you are looking for a comprehensive collection of questions and answers about Crowdfunding from the point of view from a supporter, these “Guidelines for Crowdfunders (people who are supporting Crowdfunding ideas)” will be your number one resource.
- How do I recognize a trustworthy project?
- What are the differences between each platform?
- How do I recognize a trustworthy platform?
- How can I support projects on reward-based platforms?
- What happens if a project doesn’t reach its goal?
- Are there any risks by supporting a project on a Crowdfunding-platform?
- Where do I get information about Crowdfunding in my country?