Code of Conduct
The main aim of this Code of Conducts is to stimulate existing and future crowdfunding platforms to develop and establish the use of code of conduct. In this regard, this document is a kind of living document reflecting the vision that code of conduct should be promoted and it is available for a broad use.
Project partners of the CROWD FUND PORT Project Organisation have created the Code of Conduct (hereinafter referred to as the CoC) for the all types of crowdfunding (hereinafter referred to as “the platform operator”) as a set of rules outlining the responsibilities, ethics and proper practices for crowdfunding platforms.
The compliance with this CoC does not exempt a platform operator from following the requirements provided by law and any other regulations and codes referred to their specific area of economic activity in the industry (among others those referring to trade, financing, data protection, crime prevention, consumer protection, advertising and so on) In case of any additional services are offered to consumers via the crowdfunding platform, the platform operator shall comply with the obligations provided by relevant legal acts. National or other Guidelines of good practice are not meant to be overruled by this Code of Conduct.
Guidelines for the own platform:
- GENERAL REGULATIONS
- FAIR COMPETITION
- TREATMENT OF INVESTOR FUNDS
- DATA PROTECTION
- CRIME PREVENTION
- INFORMATION AND INFORMATION QUALITY
- RISK WARNINGS AND STATEMENTS
- CONSUMER PROTECTION AND ADVERTISING BEHAVIOR
- CONFLICTS OF INTERESTS AND THE REMUNERATION SYSTEM
If you are interested in platform technology, you should try to register on any platform you like and make at least one investment to understand the process behind that. Please look at our link which provides you to Ikosoms tool.
Full research: https://tinyurl.com/y8plngtt
Please follow the references we found for you:
- Code of Practice of UK Crowdfunding Association. Found on https://www.ukcfa.org.uk/code-of-practice-2/
- Crowdfunding Best Practice Finance Estonia. Found on http://www.financeestonia.eu/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Crowdfunding-BestPractice.pdf
- Code of conduct The European Crowdfunding Network (ECN). Found on http://eurocrowd.org/about-us/code-of-conduct-2/
- Verhaltenskodex für Crowdfunding-Plattformen im Bundesverband Crowdfunding e.V. Deutschland. Found on http://www.bundesverbandcrowdfunding.de/verhaltenskodex-fuer-crowdfunding-plattformen-im-bundesverbandcrowdfunding-e-v/
- Standes und Ausübungsregeln für Crowdinvesting Plattformen Österreich. Found on
- Regolamento sulla raccolta di capitali di rischio tramite portali on-line Italia. Found on http://www.consob.it/documents/46180/46181/reg_consob_2013_18592.pdf/54eae6e4-ca37-4c59-984c-cb5df90a8393
- Regulation on the collection of risk capital via on-line portals Italy. Found on
What should platform operators provide about the current projects on their platform?
Answer: Transparency (information)
How can we protect personal data?
Answer: With applicable legal acts and data protection clauses
What should be visible on the platform?
Answer: Risk warnings and statements